This is a new segment of my blog. Beginning today I will be interviewing all the authors whose books I have so far reviewed. Today I will be interviewing the very talented and entertaining author, Deanie H. Dunne. Above are the covers of Deanie’s delightful children’s books.
Hi Deanie, it is so nice to have you here to talk about your books and tell my followers a little about yourself. Let’s begin.
1. How long have you been an author and why did you decide to write your first story? My first book, Tails of Sweetbrier, was published in 2009. I wanted to be a positive influence to children so I thought if I was successful at becoming an author, it would be a good first step.
2. What are the titles of your books? The titles are: Tails of Sweetbrier, Charlie the Horse, Charlene the Star and Charlene the Star and Hattie’s Heroes.
3. Can you give me a short synopsis of each book?
Tails of Sweetbrier is an autobiography of a little girl who dreamed of becoming a champion horseback rider, even though she had obstacles to overcome.
Charlie the Horse is a funny, fictional, tale told from Charlie’s point of view. He has trouble concentrating on his work and he has many lessons to learn if he’s to succeed in his quest to become a famous racehorse.
Charlene the Star is a story about Charlie’s little sister, Charlene the Star, who has totally different dreams than anyone else in her family. She will entertain her readers, while they learn that it’s okay to be different from your friends.
Charlene the Star and Hattie’s Heroes is an adventure with Charlene wondering what she can do in her spare time. She and her friends, Wooliam, Hattie and Elliott, start an exciting new career. Readers will learn the value of friendship and teamwork.
4. Who illustrates your books for you? My sister, Holly Humphrys-Bajaj, does a fantastic job with the illustrations for our books. She is passionate about her work and she’s extremely gifted.
5. Do you have any projects you’re working on now? Yes, Holly and I are working on another book in the Charlene the Star series. It’s called Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog. It should be released later this year.
6. Is there anything else you’d like to share? We’d like people to know that the second edition of Tails of Sweetbrier will be released on Kindle shortly. We are also excited that Charlene the Star will be available on Kindle soon. Anyone who would like to know more about my books can visit my blog at www.dhdunne.blogspot.com and/or my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Childrens-author-Deanie-Humphrys-Dunne/574820065875628
7. Where can people purchase your books? All of them are available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com. You may also order signed copies directly from me by emailing me at: Deanie@dhdunne.tk
Thank you so much for interviewing me today, Janice. It was a pleasure spending time with you.
It was my pleasure, Deanie, to have you here. Thank you for writing all these wonderful books. Children everywhere will greatly benefit from your knowledge of horses and what it takes to become a success at whatever they aspire to do in life. You are an inspirational person. Thank you. I wish you much success with your books and in all your future endeavors. Please stop by anytime to let my readers and me know how you are doing.
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY!
I hope you enjoyed my first installment of interviews on my blog.
If any writer out there would like to be interviewed on my blog please let me know. If you also want me to read and review your books contact me here. Thank you so much for reading my blog. I appreciate all your support. May God bless you all.